• Why we collect your personal information and the information we hold.
• How we use the information.
• How we keep your data secure.
• The circumstances under which we delete this information.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) became effective on 25 May 2018 and affects organisations like The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club. We are committed to protecting any personal information that we collect concerning you. We recognise that it is your information.
Why we collect your Personal Information and the information we hold
We collect the minimum amount of information that we need to run our Club effectively. This information comes directly from the information you provide to us in your Membership Application or a Renewal form, namely:
• Postal address
• Telephone numbers
• Email address
• Emergency contact telephone number
• Date of Birth
• The amount of your subscription and type of subscription
We will update this information as appropriate when you renew your membership.
We will never provide your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes. In giving us the personal information in your Membership Application or Renewal form you are giving us your consent to store it and to use it in the ways set out below.
How do we use this information?
By joining The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club you give consent to us to communicate with you. For example:
• To notify you of meetings and other events and activities.
• To send you information that you have specifically asked for, such as a membership application form or application forms. Your membership also allows you to access information about The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club such as articles about our activities; Our newsletters; access to our website and to contact us either directly or through the website with enquiries related to The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club. You also give your consent to us sharing information with our service providers whose work is essential for the delivery of our services to you. These include database services, website hosting or email delivery services or, if required to do so, by the police, a regulatory or government authority.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club are committed to protecting and safeguarding the personal information you entrust to us.
• We will not and do not want to keep more information than we need or for longer than we need.
• We do not pass your data on to anyone else unless you give us permission.
• We will never provide your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
• We use blind copy in emails when we communicate with you to ensure your data is not shared.
The Circumstances under which we delete your data
We will delete your personal information from our electronic files and databases when:
• You notify us that you want to end your membership of The Ainsdale Club and Ainsdale Bowling Club.
• You notify us that you want some or all your data deleted.
• 6 months after the expiry of your membership, should we not receive any instructions from you to the contrary.
Any updates or changes to this policy will be posted on our Website www.ainsdalebowlingclub.co.uk
If you want to contact us to delete or alter your data, please contact us at
The Secretary, Ainsdale Bowling Club, 78 Pinfold Lane, Ainsdale, Southport