MINUTES 23rd JAN 2024

Venue: Ainsdale Club, 2.00pm Tuesday 23rd January 2024.
Present: Karen Dyson (Chair), Vera McGee, Pat White, Trevor Dyson, Brian Kneale,
Bob Fairhurst, Gary Baker, Ed Tennant and Len Adams. Apologies: Haydn Preece.
Simon Biddolph & Rob Stroud were also invited to attend.
MINUTES The minutes of 19th October 2023 approved and signed by the Chair.
KD read a written report provided by HP
• September & October seeding successful, he is confident of a much- improved playing surface during the coming season.
• Despite heavy rain and hard frosts over the winter affecting work in progress, the overall condition of the green is considered to be excellent.
• The gardening team have completed installing new rubber matting in the gutters.
• The Dennis Mower will be serviced by Andrew Church before the new season.
• A new soil analysis and repairs to the sprinkler system to be arranged.
• Notices will be put up reminding team captains to ensure use of switches before matches.
• Everything now in order for the green opening but the actual date will be decided later and dependent on spring weather conditions.
• Thanks were given to Mike Bond for his valuable assistance throughout the winter, club were most fortunate to have his professional services.
• Club finances stable with c £25k balance
• New windows fitted & electric remedial works now completed.
• Works currently in hand to provide separate accommodation of a games area for pool, darts & poker with a new comfortable lounge area being created in place of the existing bar. Finance being shared with the franchise.
• Vodaphone dispute to be referred to independent arbitration.
• Plans being drawn up for modifications of the changing room building to provide additional meeting and office accommodation.
• Subscription levels for all sections are being reviewed and proposals will be presented to the AGM in March.
• The Bowls Club finances are in good order with c £5k in the bank.
• Confident current subscription level would meet projected costs for the year.
• A possible reduction in the sports levy for next year would be welcome.
MEMBERSHIP (LA) Nothing to report
• Subscriptions. Decisions on 2024 subscriptions and the green opening date deferred to next meeting.
• Calendar. Copies of the 2024 calendar were distributed for future discussion and entry of known event dates.
• Competitions. SB & RS provided comprehensive details of the proposed one-day club competitions to be run throughout the year. These were given full approval by the committee with acknowledgments to SB & RS for their welcome initiative.
Suggested club consider the purchase of two new trophies in addition to two already in hand. Costs to be provided to the next meeting.
• Coaching. BF & GB confirmed coaching sessions would continue as in previous years although HP had declared unable to commit. Details to follow later.
• Honours Board. Sanny McCarter had expressed concern over the future of the Bowls board in view of the current changes being carried out in the main club. TD confirmed they were to be re-instated although the exact location was not known and he agreed to raise the matter at the main club committee.
• Toilet Cleaning. Raised again as an issue, it was stated that this had already been discussed and resolved at the last committee meeting with details included in the minutes.
• GDP Regulations. LA reported a complaint received re club emails showing lists of recipients which is in breach of the GDPR. He asked that all emails issued by committee members to a list of recipients should always have the list entered on the blind copy (bcc) line of the email.

DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 2.00pm Tues. 5th March

Signed as a true and correct record ………………………………………………………… Chair
Date ………………………………………………