MINUTES 23rd MARCH 2021
ABC COMMITTEE MEETING (held on Zoom) 10am, Tuesday 12th April 2021
Trevor Dyson (Chair), Brian Kneale (Vice Chair), Val Cole, Vera McGee,
Sanny McCarter, Ged Walmsley, Len Adams.
Margaret Jacques (President), Ed Tennant.
The minutes of 23rd March 2021 approved and signed by LA on behalf of the Chairman.
MATTERS ARISING None
MAIN CLUB REPORT Nothing to report
• GW reported payments to Andrew Church and the plumbing contractor for services provided.
• Subscriptions, to date 49 have paid and he predicted 90 plus as a probable total.
• £350 has already been received from sponsorship with thanks to the Chairman for his efforts in obtaining support from local businesses.
• GW indicated the cost of tea & biscuits had remained at 30p since 2009 and suggested an increase this year to improve income. It was proposed and unanimously agreed that the cost be raised to 50p.
• TD stated that he would re-open the CASC files with the resumption of league bowling.
• Mower and rotary machines serviced by Andrew Church.
• Leatherjackets still causing problems and moss to be treated.
• Watering system reactivated by plumbing contractor prior to which a meter reading had been taken to provide evidence if excess water charges become a problem.
• The automatic timer to be re-programmed.
• LA reported 3 new applications for membership, two of whom have already paid their subs.
• SMc requested ICE details of the new members as soon as available.
• Use of the green under Phase 2 restrictions continuing under the administration of Karen & Trevor Dyson. TD reported a good response following the opening, many members making multiple bookings.
• Official guidance due from BCGBA before May 17th when the Govt restrictions are due to be further lifted.
NEW COVERED AREA
• TD reported the work due for completion by end of April. He requested the area to be kept out of bounds to members using the green for safety purposes.
• All three Men’s Leagues are set to re-commence from early May onwards possibly with some with reduced team numbers. No news yet from the Southport Ladies League but the Ladies Vets teams are not likely to continue.
BIG BOWLS WEEKEND
• SMc suggested 28th May as the date for ABC to participate. He will advise on further progress.
• SMc & VMcG to run new coaching courses for new and prospective members, dates to be announced.
• GW reported an application to form a mixed Ainsdale team to play in the Ormskirk Westhead League on a Friday evening. This was approved.
• SMc to run internal competitions for members as last year. Notification to be sent out to members.
Date of next meeting: 10am Monday 10th May2021.