MINUTES 10TH MAY 2021
ABC COMMITTEE MEETING (held on Zoom) 10am, Monday 10th May 2021
Present: Trevor Dyson (Chair), Brian Kneale (Vice Chair), Vera McGee, Sanny McCarter, Ged Walmsley, Len Adams.
Apologies: Margaret Jacques (President), Val Cole, Ed Tennant.
The minutes of 12th April 2021 were approved and signed by LA on behalf of the Chairman.
MATTERS ARISING None
MAIN CLUB REPORT (TD)
• Club trying to resolve insurance claim for losses incurred during the lockdown.
• 3G has restarted, admin based in new pavilion store.
• Water pressure deemed to be satisfactory, no leaks detected.
• Responsibility for maintenance of club buildings being disputed, still to be resolved.
TREASURERS REPORT (GW)
• First Aid & Covid materials purchased £150.
• New shelter paid £3245 from £3500 grant, balance to be disposed of.
• £450 received from 9 sponsors.
• VMcG & Karen Dyson to provide tea supplies. New 50p price to be charged.
• Current balance £4800, not incl. ring-fenced sum. Expect to meet all planned expenditure for this year.
GREEN MANAGER (SMcC)
• Verti-cut has been carried out this month.
• Leatherjackets still causing problems.
• Re-seeding affected by flooding in October showing in some bare patches.
• Electrics in clubhouse found to be faulty requiring sockets and plugs to be replaced.
• Confirmed 3 new members.
• SMc reported further 10 potential members from current coaching sessions.
• LA reported the resignation of Val Cole from the committee due unfortunately to the sudden ill health of Terry needing her future attention.
LA had responded expressing the committee’s best wishes to them both.
TD has provided documentation for team captains. He will evaluate returns in order to make a submission to HMRC. It was stressed there is no cost involvement for individual members suppling the necessary information.
• Official guidance awaited from BCGBA on next phase of lifting of sanctions.
• Expected limited use of clubhouse and access to toilets to be permitted.
• Donna Owers has agreed to provide weekly cleaning of toilets & clubhouse at basic wage rate. ABC to provide materials and GW to settle account as required.
NEW COVERED AREA
• TD reported the work now complete. Area within the canopy to be paved by the volunteer team.
BIG BOWLS WEEKEND
• BCGBA initiative was largely based on flat green bowling and had received limited support. It was agreed that insufficient time was available for detailed planning and that ABC should withdraw from the scheme.
• SMc said current sessions throughout May were going well and he stated that most of those attending had expressed an intention to join the club.
• SMc suggested that in view of the late start for those joining from the coaching scheme it would be an incentive for them to be offered a reduced subscription.
• GW subsequently agreed to a £35 club sub. for the first year.
LA read out a letter received from our President Margaret Jacques expressing her wish to retire from the Presidency of the club at the end of this season. This was noted.
Date of next meeting: 10am Monday 14th June 2021.
Signed as a true and correct record